Tell me I’ve been missing something. I just joined up at www.naijapals.com, and then I checked out some profiles and could see ‘2007’?
My first question: why does the typical Nigerian forum or online community, website etc., always go for the green-white-green backdrop?
I have no problem with the green-white-green, but as much as being proud of who we are and where we come from is concerned etc., I’m thinking: if for any reason Nigeria changes its National Flag tomorrow, will all these websites change their backdrops too?
My thoughts might just be going too far, but here, I reel out some green-white-greens:
- Nairaland.com(former back-drop was green and white),
NaijaPals features include:
When you join, you can upload your picture and create a profile. You could enter your email address and password(yahoo, hotmail, gmail) and a search could be done for your friends who are already members. I was cautious about this though, the word ‘advertisement’ crossed my mind.
– emails: you can send a friend an email just by composing a message and typing in your friends name.
– the ‘blackboard’ section is for posting adverts, etc
– members can write articles and a weblog would be created.
– I think the most interesting area is the Fight Park. You could start a topic, pic an opponent and watch he/she and others as they respond.
– theres a video section where you could watch videos online. I didnt see any option to upload videos, but maybe there is. Videos are mostly from youtube.com. Theres also a music section for playing uploaded music files.
– the Forum comes last.
other features include the opportunity to create/join groups, upload pictures and have a personal gallery, a private/public profie etc. Too much talk, I think you could just check it out yourself.
One of these days, I will do a comprehensive review of Nigerian online communities.