I searched Nairalist with the 0803-8715926 phone-number of Mr. George. He has the following for
sale scam as well:
- A New Tastefully Building
- Hot Deal Property – 867sq.meters
- 4-bedroom duplex, – 32 million Naira
- 950Kva For Sale In Large Quantities Services
- Lands,Houses,Filling Stations,Ware Houses
- TANK FARM FOR SALE 4.5BILLION (asking)
Its unbelievable, that the guy who ran away with NGN6,000(six thousand Naira) paid into his bank account, and who didn’t deliver on his promise of a mosquito repellant now has filling stations for sale, in Nigeria for that matter. Wow!!
Mr. George has also upgraded on his operations to include additional contact phone numbers: 08032963972, 08067768338, 07088378142. The worst thing about this guy is that should you call these numbers one after the other from different phones, Geroge-o-dupe doesn’t have a clue of who called him last.
Update on earlier post: LD called Oceanic Bank and even went back to the branch where he deposited money into George-O-dupe’s account, presented the deposit slip, etc, and ‘nothing was / could be done’ according to the Oceanic bank officers spoken to:
- Mr George-O-dupes account details: address etc, wasn’t and couldn’t be provided to LD without Mr. George’s consent. True, but what about the complaint? nothing could be done.
- Oceanic banks officers couldn’t read in between the lines – check / correlate the activity in the account positively or negatively – and verify if / whether the complaint was genuine or not,
- the money paid in could not be retrieved, or deducted from the existing balance of the account holder – at least to force him to call the bank / visit the branch to resolve issues with LD?
- etc, etc, considering the Nigerian Police is as unreliable as NEPA, and can’t be trusted.
The conclusion of the matter was that Oceanic bank wasn’t responsible for how a customer uses his account, either for profitable or fraudulent purposes.
Question: a scammer opens an account in a bank for his scam-loot. Can the bank take action on the account based on a report from a scammed-victim?